The ideal spot treatment solution for a wide range of difficult to control weeds where safety to grass is important.
Use GrazonPro because:
- It contains 60 g/L clopyralid + 240 g/L triclopyr. This combination provides excellent control of broadleaved dock, curled dock, creeping thistle, spear thistle and common nettle and also has an effect on a large range of other weeds
- It is one of very few products with a label which fully endorses the use via hand held application equipment
- It is fast acting and controls a wide spectrum of weeds
- It moves to the roots ensuring high levels of long-term control
- Stock grazing can resume only 7 days after application (but longer if poisonous weeds such as ragwort are present)
- It is very good value for money – 16 knapsacks from each litre of product when mixed in 10 litre batches
- It is rainfast in only 2 hours and is very safe to grass.
If weed populations exceed 5% it will be more cost effective to consider an overall spray with an alternative Dow AgroSciences herbicide, e.g. PastorPro.
Maximise success with GrazonPro – 10 top tips:
- Peel open the label and read in full before use
- Use only through a knapsack or other hand held equipment, e.g. lance
- The rate of application is 60 ml in 10 litres of water
- Target weeds at the right size – young and actively growing is best. If you have topped the weeds first then wait 2-3 weeks for sufficient weed regrowth before spraying
- Ensure your knapsack is properly maintained, clean and free of dirt with the nozzles able to deliver a consistent and even spray
- Wear suitable protective clothing when handling and measuring the concentrate and whilst spraying – gloves, coveralls and rubber boots are essential
- Spray until weed leaves are thoroughly wet, but stop before the spray runs off the leaves
- GrazonPro spray must not fall within 1 metre of the top of the bank of a flowing or static water body. Spray must be aimed away from the water
- Keep other people and pets out of treated areas for at least 2 hours until spray has dried on leaf
- When spraying is finished, clean out the tank, spray lines and nozzle, making sure the washings go on a treated area. If the GrazonPro container is empty, rinse thoroughly 3 times with clean water and dispose of the rinsings on the treated area.
A follow up treatment is sometimes required. This could be because:
- Not all weeds are at their ideal treatment size at the same time
- The visible weed above ground can be small compared with often extensive root systems below ground
- Large numbers of weeds can shade each other
- Grassland with large weed populations often holds higher levels of weed seed in the soil
- Removal of weeds can leave bare patches of ground ideal for further germination of weed seeds.
See product label for full details.